David Glass House

San Ramon, CA
Community & Recreational

Constructed in 1859 for David and Eliza Glass and their seven children, the Italianate Victorian Glass House functioned as the centerpiece of their 740 acre ranch. Carey & Co. designed an interior restoration for a Historic House Museum that depicted life in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The house features restored woodwork and floors, as well as period wallpapers, lighting fixtures and hardware. The design adaptively reused the adjacent tank house to accommodate toilet rooms. Project challenges included incorporating modern seismic and mechanical systems without compromising the building’s historic character.