Point Cabrillo Light Station

Mendocino, CA
Commercial | HSR | Park Structures | Residential

Built in 1909, the Point Cabrillo Light Station, comprises five structures – a residence for the Principal Lightkeeper, two residences for the Assistant Lightkeepers, and two additional outbuilding structures. Carey & Co. prepared a Historic Structures Report for all five buildings and followed with full rehabilitation/design and construction services. The main residence was converted into a bed-and-breakfast, while the East House was converted into a museum and the West House remains a private residence. The two outbuildings were converted into a guest house and an accessible restroom.

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya