Old Santa Clara County Courthouse

San Jose, CA
Civic | Courthouses | HSR

Designed by Levi Goodrich and constructed in 1868, the Old Santa Clara County Courthouse four-story building became severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Carey & Co. served as preservation architect, first preparing a Historic Structure Report, then providing conservation services for historic materials, including cast iron, stucco and marble. Carey & Co. also reviewed all aspects of the project for conformance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.