Stanford University

Stanford, CA
Educational

Buildings 250 and 360 and Jordan Hall are three buildings in Stanford University’s historic Main Quadrangle. Built from 1887 through 1891, the Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge designs feature a Romanesque style. Although the sandstone exteriors retained their architectural integrity, the interiors had been heavily modified. Carey & Co. completed the rehabilitation of each building. The projects began with an extensive programming phase. Scope also included seismic strengthening, accessibility, space planning and interior design, system upgrades, and sandstone and other envelope repairs.

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya

  • photo: Hisashi Sugaya

    photo: Hisashi Sugaya